What to do with that leftover pork tenderloin? Turn it into a delicious sandwich, and pour a glass of Zinfandel.
– Leftover cooked pork tenderloin
– Water (to cover)
– 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
– 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
– Hot pepper sauce, to taste
– Hamburger bun
1. In a heavy pot, combine pork with just enough water to cover, cider vinegar, barbecue sauce, and hot pepper sauce to taste. Bring to a boil, and simmer over medium heat covered until it pulls apart, about 50 minutes.
2. Remove pork from the sauce, shred and set aside.
3. Simmer the sauce until it reaches the desired thickness. Stir the pork in the sauce and spoon the mixture onto the hamburger bun. Add cole slaw, if desired.