It’s not easy to match Cabernet Sauvignon with dessert.
Not easy… but not impossible.
Try this recipe with your favorite fruit-forward – i.e., not
overly tannic – Cabernet.
RED WINE BUNDT CAKE
– 1 cup (2 sticks) real butter or stick margarine (do not substitute
reduced-fat spreads – they’ll yield less-satisfactory results due to
their higher water content, and besides, this is dessert!)
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 cup fruity red wine
– 4 oz. baking chocolate, grated
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add eggs, wine and grated chocolate, and beat.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix into dough.
3. Put in greased and floured Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour. Turn
oven off and let cake rest in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven
and dust with powdered sugar.