Here’s a low-fat recipe that’s loaded with flavor. It serves 4, and matches beautifully with Sangiovese or red blends.
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1. Soak a dozen 10-inch bamboo skewers in water for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large, shallow glass bowl, mix together the garlic,
honey, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and hot pepper sauce.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Add the chicken and stir until well combined. Cover and marinate for
4. Preheat broiler to high. Thread marinated chicken onto skewers, and
discard the marinade.
5. Arrange skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 6-7
minutes, turning occasionally until well browned and cooked through.