SALMON WITH PINOT NOIR SAUCE
Try this tasty dish, which serves four, with Pinot Noir.
1 1/2-lbs. salmon filet, cut into 4 pieces
1 shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 bottle Pinot Noir
3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
3 Tbs. butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine shallot, garlic, tomato, wine and vinegar in a sauce pan. Reduce over medium heat to half the amount.
2. Add chicken stock and reduce sauce by half again. Whisk in butter.
3. Heat a Teflon-coated saute pan over high heat. Brush salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add fish and sear until nicely browned. Finish cooking on reverse side over medium heat.
5. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle sauce over salmon.