Get your hands on 16 skewers, each measuring 10 inches long, and enjoy this tasty treat with Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. It makes 4 servings.
* 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
* 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 medium to large lemon)
* 3 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
* 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (yellow part only)
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/4 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 12 ounces orzo or small bow-tie pasta
1. Place basil leaves, 1/2 cup of the olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon peel, salt and pepper in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade.
2. Pour remaining marinade in medium bowl. Add shrimp to marinade in bowl, tossing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes, tossing occasionally. Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in warm water to prevent burning.
3. In large saucepan, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; keep warm.
4. Place about 5 shrimp on each of 8 skewers. Skewer shrimp again with remaining 8 skewers, parallel to first skewers, so that the shrimp will lie flat on the grill or pan.
5. Grill skewered shrimp over high heat (outside grill, stove-top grill pan or broiler), about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout.
6. Spoon pasta onto 4 dinner plates; top each with 2 shrimp skewers. Drizzle with 1/4 cup reserved marinade, 1 tablespoon per plate.