This recipe is extremely versatile, matching well with most white and lighter red wines. It makes 4 servings.
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
* 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
* Sea salt
* Cracked black pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, basil, tarragon, chervil or mint)
* 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 4 fresh tuna steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each
1. Preheat grill. Into the softened butter, mix lemon juice, sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Mix herbs and oil together, and press on as much as will stick to the fish. (Note: This should be done at least 30 minutes before cooking, and can be done hours before.)
3. Oil the grid of the grill or spray with nonstick cooking spray, and lay the tuna steaks on it. Cook until fish flakes, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Remove to warm plates.
4. Top each steak with 1 tablespoon of the seasoned butter. Reserve any leftover butter for other uses.