Summertime is salad time, and any of your favorite white wines would be great matches for this recipe, courtesy of Masa’s restaurant in San Francisco. It serves 4.
ASPARAGUS & MOREL SALAD
* 1 lb. jumbo asparagus
* 1 cup cooked morel mushrooms
* Assorted micro greens
* 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Pecorino cheese, 2-3 slices (recommended brand: Bellweather Farm)
* 1 bunch chives, chopped
* 1/8 cup toasted almonds, sliced
1. Peel and blanch asparagus in heavily salted water. Shock in ice bath. Slice morels into rounds. Cook in 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Clean, wash and dry the assorted micro greens.
3. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces and toss with morels, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped chives, salt and pepper.
4. Place on bottom of a plate, and toss micro greens in balsamic vinegar, olive oil and almonds. Place on top of asparagus and morels. Shave 2-3 slices of pecorino on top.