This recipe comes from our friends at Belvedere Vineyards & Winery in the Sonoma County town of Healdsburg. It matches wonderfully with Chardonnay, and we’ve enjoyed it with Chenin Blanc as well. Use it as the main entree for a special meal . . . or any meal.
* 2.5 to 3-lb. fresh chicken, cut in pieces
* 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
* 6 fresh garlic cloves
* 3/4 cup Chardonnay
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* Juice of 1/2 lemon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* Fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients except chicken in blender until garlic becomes fine.
2. Pour and rub this marinade thoroughly over chicken, and let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.