There is no better “appetizer” for a summertime backyard barbecue than chips and guacamole.
Try this version with a well-chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc or dry sparkling wine – and don’t be surprised if you have to go back and make more.
* 3 ripe avocados
* 1 vine-ripened tomato, diced
* 1/2 small onion, minced
* 1 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
* 1 1/2 tbs. fresh lemon or lime juice
* 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Cut avocados in halve and scoop flesh into a bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Serve with your favorite kind of chips.