One of our favorite wine recipes– try it yourself with Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio or a white blend.
* 1 stick real butter
* 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
* 1 cup julienne white onions
* 1 cup dry white wine (Laura recommends Chardonnay)
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 2 Tablespoons drained capers
* 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Saute mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter until onion is translucent.
2. In separate pan, brown chicken breasts on both sides in olive oil (note: they won’t be cooked through). Add to onion mixture.
3. Add wine and lemon juice to the pan, and cover.
4. Cook until chicken breasts are done, about 10 minutes.
5. Add capers.
6. Serve chicken with vegetables over wild rice or pasta with the broth.