Try this recipe – a flavorful change of pace from the typical Alfredo sauce – with Pietra Santa’s “Sasso Bianco,” or any other medium-bodied to full-flavored white wine. It serves 6 to 8.
* 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/2 cup pine nuts, ground
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 1 lb. fettuccine, cooked in boiling salted water until al dente, then drained
1. In a saucepan, combine Parmesan, butter, cream, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and white pepper.
2. Stir over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and the cheese has melted.
3. Stir in parsley.
4. Gently toss hat pasta with the sauce, and serve immediately.