Try this tasty dish with Pinot Grigio, Gewurztraminer or Sauvignon Blanc. (Note: Any firm white fish will work, but we like halibut best.)
THAI-STYLE POACHED HALIBUT
* 1-lb. fresh halibut
* 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
* 2-in. piece of fresh ginger, peeled
* 1 shallot, chopped
* 3 limes, juiced
* 3 tablespoons fish sauce
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2 cups fresh corn, cut from the cob
* 1 teaspoon curry
* 5 small dried red chili peppers
* 1/2 cup coconut milk
* 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. In a small bowl, mix fish sauce, brown sugar and lime juice, and set aside.
2. In a food processor, finely chop the cilantro, ginger and shallot. In a medium-sized sauce pan, add olive oil and saute the spice mixture for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the fish sauce mixture and corn, and continue to cook at a low boil until corn is tender.
4. Reduce heat to simmer. Add coconut milk and halibut, and cook until halibut is done (approximately 5 minutes).
5. Spoon over rice, and garnish with chopped basil.