Here’s a recipe that offers a zesty twist to a Thanksgiving dessert tradition. The pie serves 8.
ORANGE PUMPKIN PIE
* 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
* 1 can (30-oz.) Libby’s Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix, or similar
* 2/3 cup evaporated milk
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 2 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
* 1 1/4 cups sour cream
* 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place pie shell in pan on baking sheet.
2. Combine pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk, eggs and 1 teaspoon orange peel in large bowl. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
4. Combine sour cream, sugar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons orange peel in medium bowl. Carefully spread over top of pie.
5. Bake an additional 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving.