With the holidays on the horizon, several ACWC members have asked us for recipes to accompany main dishes such as turkey or ham. Here’s one we love – and it can even be a meal in itself, served with a glass of Chardonnay or Pinot Noir. It makes 6 to 8 servings.
The Perfect Potatoes
* 3 baking potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks (5 to 6 cups)
* 2 cups creamed cottage cheese
* 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
* 4 scallions and tops, finely chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. seasoning salt
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
* 3 Tbs. flour
* 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (set aside)
1. Partially cook diced potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water until just tender. Drain. Combine while still warm with all ingredients except cheddar cheese.
2. Bake uncovered in a 9×13-inch greased pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake 10 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before serving.