Pasta is not strictly a red wine dish. It all depends on the preparation, and this particular pasta creation matches beautifully with Chardonnay. It serves 4.
* 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
* 1/2 cup pine nuts
* 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
* 5 cloves garlic
* 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* 12 ounces linguine, cooked in boiling salted water until al dente, then drained
* 1/2 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
Steam asparagus until just tender. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine fresh basil, pine nuts, 1/4 cup olive oil and garlic, and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
In a skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the skillet and saute until cooked through. Stir in reserved asparagus, reserved basil mixture, dried basil and Parmesan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until well coated.
Divide onto 4 plates and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes. Serve immediately.