A wonderful match with Cabernet Sauvignon, this recipe helps bring out the fruitful quality of the wine. It also matches nicely with other red wines, and serves 4.
Tomato Pesto Pasta
* 10 sundried tomato halves packed in oil, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup firmly packed basil leaves
* 1/4 cup firmly packed Italian parsley leaves
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon dried red chile flakes
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked in boiling salted water until al dente, then drained
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sundried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, chile flakes, salt and pepper. Pulse, scraping down sides often, until mixture is ground to a coarse paste.
2. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin stream. Mixture will be creamy.
3. Toss the hot pasta with the pesto, and serve immediately.