This recipe makes a great meal, especially on a cold day. Try it with Syrah, Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon. And if you’d like to save a few fat grams, substitute turkey sausage for the beef. This recipe makes 8 servings.
* 1 1-lb. box converted rice, about 2 1/2 cups
* 1 14 1/2-oz. can beef broth
* 1 10 1/2-oz. can French onion soup
* 1 10-oz. can tomatoes and green chilies
* 1 lb. sliced beef sausage
* 1/2 cup margarine, about 1 stick
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix rice, broth, onion soup, canned tomatoes and chilies, sausage and margarine.
Place in 2-quart casserole dish, cover, and cook for 90 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes or so.