Romance need not be relegated to Valentine’s Day exclusively.
In a recent issue of Sunset, the magazine listed a number of “aphrodisiacs” that combine food and wine.
Highlighted were five varieties, including four that exist a bit below the vinous radar screen. Yet all have been featured by the wine clubs of Vinesse, whether as varietal bottlings or as part of delicious blends.
So, without further ado, we present first the wine variety, and then the suggested food pairing, to promote a romantic evening…
* Albarino — with almond- and raisin-stuffed green chiles.
* Arneis — with crunchy salt shrimp and ginger dipping sauce.
* Pinot Grigio — with seared tuna and spicy Spanish romesco sauce.
* Verdelho — with plain fresh chevre (goat cheese).
* Vermentino — with oysters on the half-shell and a spritz of lemon.