Here’s a dish that’s delicious with Riesling or Gewurztraminer, but because of the sauce, also matches well with Rhone-style red blends. This recipe makes 4 servings.
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CRANBERRY GLAZE
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pork tenderloin, about 1-lb.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 can (15-oz.) jellied cranberry sauce
* 1 teaspoon Moroccan harissa sauce
* 2 cups couscous
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper on a plate. Roll the pork in the spices to coat all sides.
3. Heat oil in a medium oven-safe skillet over high heat, and cook pork to lightly sear all sides, about 3 minutes.
4. Place skillet in oven, and roast until thermometer reads 150 degrees, about 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions.
6. Remove skillet from oven to stove top, and transfer pork to platter. Add cranberry sauce and harissa to skillet, and cook over medium heat, stirring up browned bits, until smooth, about 2 minutes.
7. Spoon couscous around pork. Spoon cranberry sauce over pork. Sprinkle with cilantro.