Go Fish is not a card game, but rather THE place to go in California’s North Coast wine country for seafood.
There is no shortage of world-class Italian or French restaurants in Napa and Sonoma counties. But restaurants that specialize in seafood are rare — strange, given the region’s proximity to the Pacific Ocean.
So, we’re glad that Go Fish is around.
From the sushi to the starters, and from the salads to the entrees, this is a fish lover’s paradise. A few menu highlights:
* From the Sushi Bar, try the Cucumber Salad with octopus, shrimp and crab.
* From the Appetizer Menu, try the Sweet Shrimp Macaroni & Cheese, smoked and with white cheddar.
* From the Salad Menu, try the Sierra Mackeral with new potatoes, frisee salad and horseradish creme fraiche.
* Our favorite entree: Alaska Sockeye Salmon with garden potato, shallot, tomato confit and preserved lemon.
* Be sure to save room for Dan’s Delightful Pear and Brandy Bread Pudding. The name tells you everything you need to know.
The wine list includes 25 selections — most of them seafood-friendly — for $25.
Go Fish is located at 641 Main St. in St. Helena. For reservations, call 707-963-0700.