I love sharing wine events with our Vinesse club members and visitors to VinesseTODAY.com because wine-related trips and vacations almost always result in great, long-lasting memories.
One of the best of Northern California’s annual festivals takes place in mid-August. It’s the Grape to Glass Weekend, presented by the Russian River Valley Winegrowers in Sonoma County. I’ve attended six of the 13 events held thus far, and the 14th annual Grape to Glass is shaping up as one of the best yet.
Here are some details, courtesy of a press release from the Winegrowers…
Created, organized and hosted by the Russian River Valley Winegrowers, Grape to Glass encourages you to “Live Like a Local” and get fully immersed in one of California’s most unforgettable wine regions.
Join our family of winegrape growers, winemakers, chefs and innkeepers August 14-16, 2009. Take an unforgettable journey through the heart of Sonoma County’s Wine Country — the Russian River Valley.
Weekend highlights include:
* Get your boots dirty and your wine knowledge refreshed while taking part in our Behind the Wines grower and vintner presentations.
* Taste your way to a winning hand at the Winery Poker Run.
* Take in Sip ‘N’ Cinema — Where Hollywood Meets Wine Country at MacMurray Ranch, a sensory experience.
* Experience the Russian River Valley lifestyle by land, water and air — on bikes, kayaks and in hot air balloons.
* Enjoy Wine Country at its best at the Hog in the Fog Winegrower BBQ, Tasting Fest & Auction, showcasing more than 50 of our wineries.
* Wings, Wine and Wind-Down is where you can relax, watch the “Wings Over Wine Country” Air Show, experiment with artisan salts and wind down from your Russian River Valley weekend.
It’s an eclectic array of events, with each of the participating wineries showcasing its finest bottlings over the course of the weekend.
For more info and to register, go online to rrvw.org or call the Russian River Valley Winegrowers’ office at 707-521-2535. Advanced registration is required, and space is limited.