This easy-to-make recipe is a summertime favorite, and the sandwiches can be enjoyed with either a glass of (red) Zinfandel or an off-dry rose. Since the recipe calls for 2 pounds of meat, you could easily make 6 to 8 sandwiches.
BARBEQUED BEEF SANDWICHES
* 1/2 cup chili sauce or catsup
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
* 1 tbsp. paprika
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 tsp. pepper
* 2 lbs. leftover, sliced pot roast
* 1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Combine chili sauce or catsup, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, paprika, salt and pepper in large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add meat. Simmer an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings.
4. Serve over hamburger buns.