Almost any white wine will pair beautifully with this classic, yet easy to prepare, dish. A light-bodied Pinot Noir also would work well. Note that you may substitute tilapia or perch for the trout. This recipe makes 4 servings.
* 4 whole rainbow trout, or 8 fillets of any white fish
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup flour
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* Juice of 1 lemon
1. Season fish with salt and pepper inside and out. Dust with flour; tap to remove excess. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil in a skillet over medium heat until the butter foams. Add the fish; cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Turn and brown the other side, about 4-5 minutes, spooning fat over the fish. Transfer to a platter.
2. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter in the skillet. Stir in the lemon juice; pour the sauce over the trout, and serve.