Here’s an easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for casual spring or summer dining.
It matches nicely with a refreshing Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Pinot Gris or Pinot Grigio, and this recipe makes 2 servings.
VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN TACOS
* 2 teaspoons canola oil
* 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
* 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
* 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* Freshly ground pepper
* 1 cup canned drained black beans
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
* 4 taco shells
* 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
* 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and red pepper flakes. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Meanwhile, place the black beans and cumin in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Place taco shells on baking sheet, and bake in over until hot, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Divide the beans among the 4 taco shells. Distribute vegetables among the shells. Combine queso fresco and cilantro in a small bowl, and spoon over the vegetables.