If you live in Southern California, you need to do yourself a favor and get out to the Thornton Winery in Temecula… down San Diego way… before the winery’s Champagne Jazz Series concludes.
That’s the bad news.
The good news is that seven concerts remain on the 2009 schedule, starting with an appearance this coming Saturday (Aug. 22) by Gerald Albright and Kirk Whalum.
The following Sunday (Aug. 30), David Sanborn and Paul Jackson Jr. will appear.
The rest of the “smooth jazz” schedule looks like this:
* Spyro Gyra — Sunday, Sept. 13.
* Candy Dulfer — Sunday, Sept. 20.
* Norman Brown’s Summer Storm 2009, starring Eric Darius and featuring Gail Johnson — Saturday, Sept. 26. This event will include “A Tribute to Wayman Tisdale.”
* Peter White — Saturday, Oct. 3.
* Jesse Cook — Sunday, Oct. 11.
Of course, there’s plenty of wine to enjoy during the shows as the Thornton tasting room is just steps away from the concert venue. The winery also offers gourmet dinner show packages.
To learn more, log on to jazzconcerts.com.
You deserve it!