Looking for a different side dish to serve this Thanksgiving? Try this easy-to-prepare recipe, which makes 4 servings.
ACORN SQUASH WITH APPLE-RAISIN STUFFING
* Boiling water
* 2 acorn squash
* 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
* 2 to 4 tablespoons raisins
* 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 4 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large baking dish, pour in about 1/4-inch of boiling water. Cut squash in half lengthwise, and with a spoon, remove all pulp and seeds. Place each half cut-side down in the dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Combine remaining ingredients.
4. Remove squash from the oven; turn halves over. Stuff the center of each squash half with the apple mixture. Return to the oven for 30 to 35 minutes longer, or until apples and squash are tender.
5. Stir each center lightly before serving.