This recipe, which makes a great alternative to the typical Thanksgiving dessert, makes 12 tarts. Try it with a well-chilled Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine.
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE TARTS
* 2/3 cup gingersnap cookies, crushed
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs
* 2 tablespoons sour cream
* 2 tablespoons Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 12-muffin pan with paper cups.
2. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press scant tablespoon onto bottom of each paper cup. Bake 5 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until blended. Add eggs and beat well. Pour into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove tarts from pan and refrigerate. Garnish with sour cream.
5. Place morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, then knead. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
6. Cut tiny corner from bag, and squeeze to drizzle chocolate over tarts.