This recipe, which makes 6 servings, is courtesy of Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery in Sonoma County. The dish matches perfectly with Zinfandel.
GARGANELLI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE & BLACK TRUFFLE
* 1 lb. Garganelli pasta, cooked al dente
* 4 Italian sausages, not in casings
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 2 medium onions, finely chopped
* 2 bay leaves
* 1/3 cup white wine
* 1 cup cream
* 2 preserved black truffles
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* Salt and white pepper, to taste
* Parmesan cheese, to taste
* Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add sausage, garlic, onions and bay leaves, and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Add white wine and reduce.
4. Stir in cream, truffles and butter. Add salt and white pepper.
5. Add pasta to skillet and toss. Stir in Parmesan cheese and ground pepper.