You’ve waited too long, and all of the Valentine’s Day dinner reservations have been secured in your town.
What to do?
While your first inclination may be to take a long walk on a short pier, do not despair. We are here to help get you off the hook.
The answer: Prepare a romantic meal at home, and serve some romantic wines with it.
And the best part of all is that you don’t need to wait until the dessert course to uncork a bottle of sweet dessert wine. On this day, the food-and-wine pairings are not so much about culinary correctness as they are about romance.
Here are some pairing possibilities for you to consider…
* Blue cheese with a sweet white wine.
* Lobster with a sweet white wine. (Really – it works.)
* Dark chocolate with Port.
* Assorted salted nuts with Cream Sherry.
* Strawberry shortcake with Moscato d’Asti.
* Oysters with a white or rose sparkling wine.
Just the fact that you’re taking time to prepare a meal for your S.O. should be worth a lot of points.
Serve the right wines with the right dishes, and your point total will soar.
– – – – –
Coming this Sunday – that would be Valentine’s Day for you gentlemen who need a reminder: the most romantic cities in America.