Need a dip for your “March Madness” party? (No, we’re not talking about your brother-in-law…)
Try this one, and enjoy it with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. This recipe serves 6.
* 4 oz. Mexican chorizo, casing discarded
* 3/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
* 1 cup ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
* 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
* 1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc
* 9 oz. grated Mexican melting cheese, such as Asadero, Chihuahua or Manchego
* 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
* Tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine chorizo and onion in a non-stick saute pan or skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the chorizo into small pieces, until nicely browned (about 7 minutes).
3. Stir in tomato, chiles and oregano, and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Transfer mixture to an 8-inch shallow casserole or baking dish, and stir in the grated cheese.
5. Transfer to oven and bake until the cheese just melts (about 3 minutes).
6. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately with chips.