With the weather warming up, this dip – served with your favorite type of crackers – makes a tasty snack or before-dinner treat.
Sparkling wine or a crisp Sauvignon Blanc make great pairing partners.
* 2 medium avocados, fully ripened, peeled and pitted
* 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 cup reduced-fat or light sour cream
* 2 tsp. lime juice
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/2 cup Mexican-style shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese (2% milk)
1. Mash avocados with a fork in a medium bowl.
2. Add tomatoes, sour cream, lime juice and garlic powder, and mix well.
3. Spread mixture in a pie plate, sprinkle with cheese and cover.
4. Refrigerate several hours, or until chilled.
5. Serve with crackers.