The countdown to fall is on. But while the weather is still on the warm side, salads continue to rank high on our list of culinary options.
This salad is very tasty, easy to make, and perfect for warm weather alfresco dining. This recipe makes 2 entree-size servings.
Try it with chilled Chardonnay or Chenin Blanc.
BLACK BEAN AND AVOCADO SALAD
* 1 can (16-oz.) of black beans
* 2 ripe tomatoes
* 1 red onion
* 1 avocado
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a colander, rinse and drain black beans.
2. Cut tomatoes, onion and avocado into small pieces.
3. Combine all ingredients and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.