ORANGE GRILLED SHRIMP
This tasty dish has a bit of a kick, and that makes it an ideal pairing partner for Sauvignon Blanc, Orange Muscat or sparkling wine – white or rose.
* 2 lbs. jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
* 1 cup fresh lime juice
* 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
* 2 tablespoons Tabasco
* 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons freshly-ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup orange marmalade
* 1/2 cup corn oil
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Mix oil, vinegar and lime juice in a sauce pan and heat on a medium setting.
2. Add marmalade, Tabasco, salt and black pepper, and mix well.
3. Add jalapeno peppers, cilantro and garlic. Remove from heat.
4. Arrange shrimp in a deep glass dish, pour marinade mixture over them, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
5. Grill to desired doneness.