This recipe makes 4 entree-sized servings, and matches beautifully with Sauvignon Blanc or Gruner Veltliner.
SHRIMP, AVOCADO AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
* 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
* 1/4 cup grapefruit soda, such as Izze
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1-lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 8-oz. package mixed spring greens
* 2 grapefruit, cut into segments
* 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
1. Combine juice, soda, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Slowly whisk in oil until dressing thickens.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of dressing over shrimp, and marinate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining dressing.
4. Remove shrimp from marinade. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook shrimp (turning once) until pink (about 3 minutes).
5. Mix greens with some of reserved dressing in a large bowl.
6. Divide greens among four plates. Top with shrimp, avocado and grapefruit segments. Drizzle remaining dressing on top.