Are you hosting the big Thanksgiving feast for the first time?
Are you a Turkey Day veteran, but are expecting more guests than usual this year?
Do you have a specific relative (perhaps a mother-in-law) that you want to impress?
Then we’d suggest picking up a copy of the November issue of Bon Appetit magazine. It’s jam-packed with helpful suggestions and delicious recipes, all grouped in a special section labeled, “Thanksgiving Essentials: The Ultimate Guide.”
Among the highlights…
* Three turkey recipes, each with a special technique for exceptional flavor.
* A variety of gravy recipes.
* How to add a Latin flair to your stuffing with masa cornbread.
* Don’t serve canned cranberry sauce. Whip up some cranberry-orange chutney.
* If you love mashed potatoes, there’s a recipe that’ll make you love them even more. If you’re looking for an alternative, try the recipe for sweet potato wedges with smoked chile cream.
* Veggies? How about maple-braised butternut squash?
* And let’s not forget dessert – from a great pumpkin pie recipe to pear crostata with fig and honey. Yummy!
It’s all in the November issue of Bon Appetit – an essential Thanksgiving guide for first-time hosts and veterans alike.