Happy New Year!
I may not be the first to offer you that salutation, but I’m definitely the most sincere.
And to prove it, I’m about to share some information on three wine events that are certain to get your new year off to a good start, should you choose to attend them – one this month, one next month, and one in March.
Hey, if I didn’t care about your happiness in 2011, why would I share these events with you? I’d keep ’em all to myself!
Here we go…
* Savor the Wine – This event benefits the Ventura County (Calif.) ARC Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides an array of opportunities to improve the quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities.
It’s scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 22 from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., and the $30 ticket price includes wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, a pasta bar buffet and dessert.
For further information, call 800-501-7574, or visit: www.svleadership2011.org
* Olive Luncheon – As the Sonoma Valley Olive Festival winds down, the owners of VJB Vineyards & Cellars in Kenwood, Calif., will host an afternoon of gourmet food with naturally, an olive theme.
Executive Chef Maria Belmonte has planned what promises to be an amazing meal, and the various dishes will be paired with VJB’s Italian variety wines. The luncheon is set for Friday, Feb. 18 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The cost is $75 per person, and those interested are asked to RSVP to Lindsay Evans at 707-833-2300. For further information about VJB, visit: www.vjbcellars.com
* Russian River Valley Wine & Cioppino Dinner – The name of the event pretty much says it all. Pretty much…
On Saturday, March 5, the doors to the Grace Pavilion on the Sonoma County Fairgrounds will open for what promises to be a most memorable meal. The event will run from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., the cost is $55 per person, and here’s what attendees can expect:
1. A tasting of wines from the Russian River Valley area of Sonoma County.
3. A Crab Cioppino dinner.
5. Activities (unspecified, but sure to be fun).
6. A raffle for Russian River Valley food, excursions and other prizes.
To order tickets, call 707-521-2535. For further information, visit: www.rrvw.org
There you have it – one event among many being planned around California and across the country for each of the first three months of 2011.
No need to thank me. That’s what I’m here for.
And in the weeks and months ahead, we’ll share many more with you right here on VinesseTODAY.com. So be sure to check in with us for your daily dose of wine news, notes, quotes and other fascinating (we promise!) information.
And once again: Happy New Year!