For the fifth consecutive year, Bon Appetit magazine will team up with some of the mega-resorts on the world-famous Las Vegas “Strip” to present a culinary extravaganza dubbed Vegas Uncork’d.
Tickets went on sale last week, and the event is scheduled for May 5-8. For those four days, Wynn/Encore, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, Mandalay Bay and MGM Grand will be awash with celebrity chefs, master sommeliers and cutting-edge mixologists.
Here are just five of the dozens of one-of-a-kind events on the schedule…
* Better by the Bay at Mandalay Bay – Spend an evening under the stars at the ultimate late-night beach party. Enjoy live music and a memorable seaside-inspired meal prepared by the culinary world’s biggest stars on Mandalay Bay’s 11-acre beach.
* Discover Shabu Shabu at Bellagio – Immerse yourself in the popular Japanese dish with two master chefs of Asian cooking. Experience the meditative “swish-swish” of this hot-pot method of preparing high-quality, thinly sliced meats and vegetables.
* Masters’ Series Luncheon With Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand – Reserve a front-row seat for a decadent midday meal with one of the world’s most starred chefs at the elegant L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon. You can expect a dramatic experience as France’s “Chef of the Century” prepares an exquisite lunch while you watch.
* Celebrity Chef Blackjack Tournament at Wynn/Encore – Woo Lady Lucky alongside icons of the culinary world in Encore’s provocative poolside setting. Don’t want to go all in? Then come and root for your favorite chef while enjoying cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a bird’s-eye view of the friendly competition.
* Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace – Enjoy a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by the city’s most celebrated chefs. The dramatic five-acre Garden of the Gods gardens and swimming pool area at Caesars Palace will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and more than 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world.
To view a complete schedule and purchase tickets, go to: www.vegasuncorked.com