This delicious dish matches beautifully with Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc, and this recipe provides two enchiladas each for four diners.
CHICKEN & SPINACH ENCHILADAS
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* A 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
* A 10.75-oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
* 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
* Minced fresh parsley
1. Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook and stir chicken and onion over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Remove from the heat. Add spinach and mix well.
3. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, sour cream and seasonings; mix well.
4. Stir 3/4 cup into chicken and spinach mixture. Divide evenly among tortillas.
5. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
7. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with parsley.