California-style barbecues are among the most flavorful in the world, and one of the reasons for that can be summed up in one word: salsa. Here’s a salsa recipe tailor-made for BBQ. It yields about 41/2 cups.
* 2 cups vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
* 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
* 1/2 cup finely chopped white onions
* 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
* Dash of Worcestershire sauce
* Pinch of dried Mexican oregano, crushed
* Chipotle pepper sauce to taste
* Salt to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Cover and let stand at least 1 hour to blend flavors.