Want to add a bit of a kick to your grilled meat? Try this rub, which is packed with flavor and just the right amount of heat.
* 1 tablespoon dried onion flake
* 1 tablespoon dried garlic flake
* 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
* 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
* 1 tablespoon dried thyme
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1/2 tablespoon cayenne
* 1/2 tablespoon sandalwood
1. In a spice mill, mini food processor, or electric coffee bean grinder, combine all ingredients.
2. Grind to a coarse powder.
3. To the meat selected, apply sea salt to taste, and then apply as much or as little of the rub as you wish – more for more heat, less for less heat. Note: Lesser applications make wine pairing much easier. Suggested wine variety: Zinfandel.