It’s summertime, which means we’re eating lighter. Try this tasty dish with Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc or Sauvignon Blanc. This recipe makes 6 servings.
CHICKEN CASSEROLE WITH HERBS
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10.5-oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 to 8-oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced chives (or 1 scant teaspoon fresh)
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken slowly in butter in a large skillet.
- Arrange browned chicken in a baking dish. To drippings in skillet add soup and stir to blend.
- Slowly add dry white wine, stirring until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and cover dish with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 35 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve with rice or noodles.