Leave the A1 Sauce in the cupboard and top that steak with a dollop of garlic butter.
This recipe yields about half-a-cup, enough for 2 to 4 steaks, depending on your personal preference.
And keep in mind that when garlic is the dominant flavor in any meal, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon make very nice wine pairing partners.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. white or black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
1. Place butter in a bowl and leave at room temperature until it is soft.
2. Add all other ingredients; mix to combine thoroughly.
3. Using a spatula, scrape the butter mixture onto a square of plastic wrap. Shape it into a log, and roll the mixture up in the plastic, twisting the ends.
4. Refrigerate until firm.
5. When ready to use, remove wrap and slice into rounds. Place atop hot steak just before serving.