Have you figured out what you’ll be serving during the “big game” next Sunday?
We speak, of course, of the NFL Super Bowl, pitting the New York Giants against the New England Patriots. It’s likely to be the most-watched television program of the year, and even those who are not into football will tune in to catch the creative commercials that the sponsors come up with.
If you’re in charge of preparing the “big spread” for the big game, make your life a little easier and prepare this Pasta Pie. It serves four, and you can bake more if you’re expecting more people.
Best of all, you can cook these delicious pies the night before, then simply reheat them on game day.
Have a few bottles of wine around — we’d recommend Zinfandel, Syrah and/or Merlot — and you have the recipe for a fun and successful Super Bowl party.
Meanwhile, for a preview of this year’s Super Bowl commercials, click here (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57367680-10391698/super-bowl-ads-a-mix-of-celebs-dogs-and-a-good-story/).
Try this easy-to-make dish with Zinfandel, Syrah or Merlot. This recipe serves 4.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 14.5-oz. leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 4-oz. Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup cooked fusilli
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add leeks and garlic, and cook until soft.
2. Mix the leek mixture with all remaining ingredients.
3. Season with salt and/or pepper to taste, and transfer to a greased ovenproof dish or medium-sized cake pan.
4. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes, or until the eggs have set and the pie is golden brown.