Check your calendar: It’s exactly one month until Cinco de Mayo.
And we want you to be prepared, because the unprepared Cinco de Mayo celebrant will end up with a cerveza in hand, rather than a good glass of wine.
With that in mind, we offer the following recipe from the folks at DOLE. No, the recipe does not include chunks of pineapple, as you might expect, but it does offer plenty of flavor. And it pairs perfectly with Sauvignon Blanc or a dry rendition of Chenin Blanc.
Start gathering your non-perishable ingredients now, and you’ll be ready to enjoy a beer-free Cinco de Mayo.
GRILLED SHRIMP TACOS
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lime, juiced and grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (12-oz.) package DOLE All Natural Southwest Salad Kit
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, peel and cumin in a small bowl.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, and season with salt and pepper. Brush shrimp with lime mixture.
- Grill until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with lime mixture. Roughly chop shrimp.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Combine taco ranch dressing, sour cream and shredded cheese (included in the kit).
- Spread mixture over each tortilla, then top with shrimp, salad greens and chips.