In yesterday’s blog, we talked about the big role that food plays in vacations. Since we’re eating out all the time, chances are good that at least a few of the meals we consume while on the road will be among the highlights of the trip.
For Food & Wine, the May edition is the “Travel Issue.” Perusing the table of contents, one encounters such topics as:
- Istanbul’s New Meze Masters
- TV Chefs’ Recipes from the Road (from Vienna to Vietnam)
- Food und Art: Berlin’s Best Dinner Party
- Australia’s Unlikely Restaurant Mecca
- England’s Incredible Country Inns
- A Kenya Dream Barbecue
- Taxi Tours: Denver, NYC, Atlanta
- Rome’s Best New Gelato and Pizza
- Discovering a New-Old Cuisine in India
- Milwaukee Cool
- Foodie Hotels
- Best Bay Area Shopping
- Fun Food Pilgrimages
Are you getting hungry? Have you checked your passport lately to make sure it hasn’t expired?
And then there’s Travel + Leisure, which has dubbed its May edition, “The Food Issue.” Among the features ballyhooed on the cover:
- Ultimate Foodie Getaways
- Where to Eat Now in Paris, New York, Madrid, Hawaii, New Orleans
- Street Food 101: A Global Guide
Other food-focused features include:
- Planet Sandwich
- Hawaii’s Next Wave
- The Traveler’s Guide to Tea
- Tasmania for Food-Obsessed Travelers
- Beirut’s Hottest New Table
- The Buzziest Hotel Restaurants
- Four Days in Japan and Why They May Change the Way You Eat Tomorrow
After soaking in the “sights” from Food & Wine and the “smells” from Travel + Leisure, I’m ready to hop on a plane and seek out a few unforgettable meals.
Accompanied by equally compelling bottles of wine, of course.