Typically 5 square inches in size, they can add a classy touch to any special occasion. Pure white is the “color” of choice for most wedding receptions, and any number of solid colors may be used for other “life” events.
We thought we’d begin this blog with that information since, after all, it’s being archived in the “Vinesse Style” section. But truth be told, this story is more about the “fun” versions of cocktail napkins that are out there—ones you’d use when hosting a summertime barbecue, for instance.
A great source of wine-themed cocktail napkins is a company called Gifted Grape. A few of the napkin designs on that site could be called “stylish,” but a vast majority would fall into the “fun” category.
A few of our faves:
- A drawing of a provocatively dressed woman holding up a glass of red wine and saying, “Santa, I’ve been an awful good girl.”
- The initials “d.i.v.a.” accompanied by what they stand for: “Diving Into Vino Again!”
- The initials VIN: “Vino Is Necessary.”
- “Does Wine Count as a Serving of Fruit?” (No answer was provided, so we’d have to assume the answer is yes… right?)
- “I’m a Hybrid. I Run on Chocolate & Wine.”
- “We Only Serve Fine Wine. Did You Bring Any?”
- “Wine Me Up and Turn Me Loose.”
- “Wine Is My Favorite 4-Letter Word.”
- “Will Trade Wine for Gossip.”
Gifted Grape, as we mentioned, also carries several “stylish” designs, ranging from varietal grape names (Merlot, Chardonnay) with clusters of grapes around the words, to green napkins adorned by white grape “swirls.”
Whether stylish or fun, cocktail napkins come in handy when one has a not-so-stylish drop of red wine running down their chin.
Image via giftedgrape.com