The weekend is upon us. You’ve been staring at that bottle of Syrah for weeks, waiting for just the right occasion to open it.
Stop waiting…and stop staring! What more of an occasion do you need for a great meal than…the weekend?
The recipe that follows yields 6 servings…so be prepared to share your wine.
MARINATED FLANK STEAK
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. flank steak
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and black pepper.
- Place meat in a shallow glass dish. Pour marinade over the steak, turning meat to coat thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the grill, and discard the marinade.
- Grill meat for 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.