Are you one of the fortunate ones?
Do you have a lazy weekend on the horizon?
Here’s a tasty dish to savor on a lazy weekend afternoon, along with a glass of well-chilled Sauvignon Blanc. This recipe yields 4 servings.
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (14.5-oz. size) chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin, and mix well.
- Add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips. Top with Monterey Jack cheese and a sour cream to taste.