This recipe is easy to make, yields 2 to 4 servings (depending on your appetite), and pairs very nicely with Pinot Noir.
Spend a little time in the kitchen this weekend, pour a glass of Pinot, and reward yourself for a productive week at work.
PINE NUT-CRUSTED SALMON BURGERS
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a dry skillet over high heat and toast the pine nuts, tossing occasionally until they are light brown all over.
- Let cool, then toss into a food processor and pulse into a coarse meal. Set aside.
- Cut the salmon into chunks, and place in the food processor. Pulse until finely ground, then transfer to a bowl with 1/3 cup of the ground pine nuts, egg, onion, pepper and seasoning. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 4 balls, then flatten into patties. Coat each side with the remaining ground pine nuts.
- Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.