It’s grilling season, and if you’d like to add some flavor to your hamburgers, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe yields three palate-pleasing burgers, and pairs nicely with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Pinot Noir.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4.5-oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 hamburger buns
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix egg, garlic, salt and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Add ground beef, and mix until combined. Divide into three patties.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness (about 5 to 7 minutes per side for well done).
- Add patties to hamburger buns, with no additional toppings, and serve.
(Note: Additional toppings may be added, but likely would change the wine pairing recommendations.)